Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
S
OP Offline
S
Hey Karen,

You weren't on the board in 2001 (a Space Oddessy) when Chuck first left. I thought he'd come back and I wanted to surprise him so I hired a Clutter consultant and had 2 women work for a couple of weeks - decluttering and organizing every room and closet in our house! Now, in the smaller house - boy does it need it again and I never seem to get around to it. So - I would LOVE to call her again. My clutter fairy. We have stayed in touch!

Ry was vomitting all night. and heaving. And some of it included a fair amount of blood. how charming, right? and he was breathing really fast and short. Scary stuff. I think I'll be sleeping in his room for a while yet.

Then I woke up when I heard gurgling and watched coffee running down the wall. The coffee maker (right above in the kitchen) and on a timer had gone off and leaked. All over the counter and through the floor and down Ryan's walls! Oh what a lovely way to wake up and smell the coffee!

Chuck can figure out what to do next. I have no energy left for him. But I left the door open for him to visit if he chooses to ask for it.

Barb

R
R
I'm sorry that Ryan's health is still so scary, even while he is getting better. Maybe you could have a night nurse come, just for 1 or 2 days? You need your rest, too. Even just a "watcher" who could come get you if he needed you, so you could get some deeper sleep.

And the Clutter Fairy - I am bringing one in! Maybe it would be a good Christmas present to yourself. They say that our environment is a reflection of what is happening within us....I can't WAIT to clear things out of here! She is coming next Wed to start.

(btw, have you noticed how often they are suddenly using the name "Chuck" in popular media right now - TV, movies, commercials, etc...at first it bugged me, then I thought it was a Master Plan to desensitize me to hearing it!!)

S
OP Offline
S
Ya know Donna, I first noticed the Chuck thing about 2 years ago. The tv show. Some movies. New characters on tv. Now one of the biggest toys this Christmas is a Chuck truck. Go figure!

Blech!

Anyway, I am going to get the clutter lady back for sure. I feel like I'm drowning in it. I dream about clutter. It is winning the battle lately - not me! I am determined not to bring any to the new house so that means I need to get busy because I intend to be out of this house by April and I'll be gone all of Feb!

***********WARNING***********GRAPHIC DETAILS COMING UP********

I'm thinking about having a night nurse but my budget would only allow a few nights this month. I've decided to hold out for the chance of going to Florida next week for a few days and use the night nurse then. No way he can continue to vomit all night - he would definitely have to go back to hospital. We're using Gravol suppositories and Pedialyte today - best defence to give his tummy a chance to settle. We can't figure out how he could puke so much with so little in there to begin with.

Barb

K
K
oh wow, i must of just missed the clutter story! came here in '02, wow! hard to believe we've all been hanging out that long! lol
I know they have professional organizers, but I could use one or 10 of them!

I hope Ryan starts feeling better soon, it must be very scary for you , night nurse sounds good, hope it works out for you!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Yes, my nurses are wonderful and so is my sister. She also offered to come stay with Ryan at night so I can go to Florida. So I feel good about that. Ashley usually looks after him at night but I think this is a little more than I would like her to handle.

Josh called today from work. We're both hoping we can still go. Ryan's illness has really been exhausting but let's not forget that Josh and I also moved house just over a month ago. Despite the fact we don't live there - we're continuing to move things on the weekends and that involves travel. And our little treat to each other was to go to Disney and a few romantic nights out. But even if Ryan is well cared for - the decisions are still mine to make and if he's not out of the woods - I'm not out of the house either.

But today I did manage a bit of tidying and a bit of shopping so it's all good. If I co a similar amount each day I will be ready to go to Florida if things are good in a few days.

I sure hope so...

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
I think we may have turned the corner...

Ryan slept peacefully and quietly ALL night! I slept in his room. Still checking him regularly - now because he is breathing quietly! I guess it takes time to get over something this scary!

He is awake right now and his worker is coming in soon. He is listening to Christmas music and looking at his pretty Christmas tree.

Not going to say he won't vomit again but he had gone more than 12 hours and his tummy has had a rest.

Chuck called the nurses last night to see how he was doing. They were busy so I answered and talked to him. Things are still much better between us. He did not ask to visit nor did I offer. But if Ry is still unable to go out by next week - I will volunteer for him to visit.

So things are moving forward. One baby step at a time.

Barb

A
A
Glad Ry is doing better-- the constant vomiting and blood sound too scary-- on top of everything else, I'm sure you were worried about him getting dangerously dehydrated!

I hope you and BF can get away.

S
OP Offline
S
Yes - it was terrifying! But the RN who is coming in daily to check him felt it was a result of the leftover stuff in his chest and tummy (that he swallowed) all resulting from the pneumonia. His chest was clear today and he sat up in his recliner awake all day. Much brighter!

He did vomit twice today and his intake is still minimal but he has not shown signs of dehydration and today is the first day without any fever.

Whew!

Barb K

S
OP Offline
S
3 weeks today since Ryan was rushed to hospital. Home one week now and doing much better. It is so true that if you look for improvements daily - the progress appears very minimal. But one of his workers came back yesterday after 3 days off and could not believe his improvements. Even thinking back - 3 days ago he could barely sit up, I was sleeping in his room, vomitting all the time.

He is starting to push people away when he doesn't like something (like having his face washed) and responding to physio. We are going to try walking him today with 2 people supporting him and try to get some strength back in his legs.

When he was in a coma when he was little I was told that miracles happen but not usually overnight. I clung to that when he was so ill over the past couple of weeks. And it is SO true!

I prayed that Ryan would be home for Christmas. I'm thrilled that this is happening and have every reason to believe our holiday will be a happy one with him feeling so much better.

Barb

K
K
This all sounds so great Barb, I am so happy for you guys!

Its true that you really appreciate whats important when faced with these crisis', our kids ARE the most important things in our lives

I was a bit bummed as Christmas this year wont be as "extravagant" not as much money to spoil everyone rotten like we use to but my SIL And mom reminded me that it dosnt matter, thats not important, its being together as a family, our children healthy and happy,laughing, making memories,thats all that matters, Charlie Brown LOL
but thats def true as I am sure you can attest to!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard