Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
S
OP Offline
S
No Karen,

Christmas isn't about the presents - it's about family. Isn't that from Christmas Vacation and a host of other Christmas specials.

Not as much $ here either. Carrying an extra house. No job. Ryan's extra expenses.

But I HAVE Ryan. And I have no desire for any other gifts - that is such a gift in itself. And I have enough to buy my loved ones a couple of the things they would like. But not everything. And that's ok.

Just got back from the dr. She acted like she was also witnessing a miracle in Ryan.

Thank you God again!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Oh wait - that was from The Grinch! LOL!

Same message everywhere.

For me - Christmas is in the heart.

Barb

W
W
You're getting a wonderful Xmas gift early, Barb!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Barb, you are such an inspiration. Sitting on the sidelines and watching you handle this for the past few weeks hass really made me think about how blessed we all are.

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
S
OP Offline
S
Wii - you are so right! I have already got my Christmas gift. I prayed so hard for it and God listened. Watching Ryan get stronger is so wonderful. I must never take life for granted. You really feel your love for your children the most when they hang in the balance and you can actually sense what you could lose.

Thank God for second chances.

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Suzy,

I would never have wished for all the tragedy I have felt with my firstborn child since he first got ill at age 4 but then I would never have had the same appreciation for life as I do.

We all take things for granted. We never realize how quickly we can lose what we love the most.

3 weeks ago Josh and I were entertaining our friends in our new home - having an absolutely glorious weekend. The next day Ryan was fighting for his life and everything changed on a dime. I still can't believe how fast that happened and how I only thought of one thing - living for another day.

It has been another reminder for me of the gift I've been entrusted with.

Barb

W
W
Originally Posted By: SunFunOne
Wii - you are so right! I have already got my Christmas gift. I prayed so hard for it and God listened. Watching Ryan get stronger is so wonderful. I must never take life for granted. You really feel your love for your children the most when they hang in the balance and you can actually sense what you could lose.

Thank God for second chances.

Barb

I know when my father had Colon Cancer he said "If I didn't have this I never would have known how many people care about me!" Despite the dark cloud, he saw the silver lining too. It's amazing how alive we can feel after coming through these kinds of life crisis, isn't it. Prayers for you and Ryan. smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
OP Offline
S
Yes Wii - I totally get that. I would never have wished for what happened to Ryan, to our family, but it gave me a much clearer perspective of life. Appreciation!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Well, Ryan missed his trip to Disney World last week. He was to fly down with his nurse and I last Thurs and return home yesterday. I was staying on and Josh was joining me. I cancelled all the flights last week but Josh's was non-refundable. Ry's dr has encouraged me to go for a few days so I rebooked mine (gotta love Southwest air) and today we're off! I had not cancelled our special dining arrangements or our tickets to see Whoopi Goldberg read the Christmas Story at Epcot's candlelight processional. So glad.

And something else special. One of my closest friends from my first days here on DB also has tickets with her new man to see Whoopi. And so badly had tried to get a reservation at Le Cellier that day. I had one! Managed to add her and her beau and the 4 of us will dine and see the show together. Now that is a celebration of life after divorce. Both of us had cheating spouses who trashed our families in the worst of ways and now we are in long term happy new relationships and having the time of our lives.

I have great care lined up for Ryan - even staying in his room at night.

I'm so glad to have this break lined up. Happy Days are here again!

Barb

S
S
Sun, I am glad to hear your son is doing better. Great early Xmas gift! Have fun in Disney World. I've never been but it's supposed to be awesome!

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard