Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
S
You know, I have a friend who did Optifast. I thought that name sounded familiar. We met at an event at which we were both videotaped doing something halfway athletic with professionals, and like me, he hated the sight of himself on that video. At the time, I wasn't ready to make my move yet, but John used Optifast and melted away to nothing. He was genuinely slim when he was done.
Recent photos show him putting some of that back on, but he's way short of where he was.

Recovering Sex-Starved Husband.
R
OP Offline
R
Salad for lunch and a "piecing" topic (ouches).

me: 57
H: 54
M: 18 y
Affair over on Dday: 6/99
Never split-up but it was a hard road
D: 38 GD:18
I forget so I come back here I know these principles are the way to go which ever way it goes!
R
OP Offline
R
yummmy granola with dark chocolate and extra flax seed and soy milk and two small orange juice pops for brunch.

I forget so I come back here I know these principles are the way to go which ever way it goes!
R
OP Offline
R
Coffee with lots of skim milk for afternoon energy.

Planning a beautiful salad with chicken for dinner.

My H is the sort who melts for good food.

I reread your posts, Bear, one thing I really love is your long-term, big picture attitude smile If I could loose 10 lbs or just be stable at 170 lbs by Sept that would be great. It would also be just FINE if I got into it and lost more. There is a gym close by that I'd like to join. It's a bit expensive but if I could get myself into it, every penny would be well spent.

A getting-to-know-you question: When did you adopt your boys? I have such admiration for big hearted folks who do things like that. My D foster parented two little boys. Their departure was a very sad story and my D and GD still think of them every day and cherish photos they have. 14-17 seem to be the toughest years for the boys I've known over the years. Bet what you are learning here has helped a lot with them too.

I send my very best wishes to your family. Imagine me as a tiny person on the wall paper who appears at just the right moment to point towards and to clap and whoop it up for every small and big positive moment. I've got a nice image of you, Mr Wise Bear. I know this is a little weird but stuff like this helps me.

We can tune into the sweetness of this life. I am honing in, for the duration to the good stuff. I'm tired of having focused on the parts I don't like. That makes me miss chances to be creative and positive with the substantial resources I have within and around me.

S
S
The boys were 6 years old when we adopted them. They were removed from their mother when they were two because of severe neglect and abuse, and her maternal grandmother took them in for about another two years. When she couldn't handle it anymore, they moved on to their great-aunt (my mother-in-law) and her husband. At that time, my wife and I considered ourselves engaged, but we were living in college dorms without jobs and still almost a year and a half from even graduating. We talked about how we wished we could take the boys ourselves, but it was just impossible. Then, when we'd only been married a few months, my mother-in-law panicked and said she couldn't take it anymore. The boys were visiting us for a week's vacation at the time, and we talked it over, went out and bought a set of bunk beds and were in business.
My in-laws had terminated the biological mother's parental rights and ended visitation, thank God, and they were well on their way to adopting the boys. Somehow the case worker rolled with it and we were able to step right into their place and finish the adoption only a few months later.
Then, in 2007, our third son was born, and here we are. One big happy f#$$%ing family!

My big goal for the twins is to get them launched in a few years in such a way that they can live independently and stay out of jail. D14 can probably do that if he's able to keep to himself, but K14 . . . . I don't know.

This morning I weighed in at 55 pounds below my starting weight. I took a bike ride with K14, just six very easy miles as he's learning to use his road bike, and since I had a meeting downtown, I walked all over the place. I spent at least an hour walking, had a shake for breakfast, apple snack, Subway for lunch and an awesome salad with roast chicken for dinner. I was all over it today.

S
S
Can't edit, but I wanted to add this: having my wife on the same page has made all the difference in the world.

Y
Y
Congratulations on the weight loss.

I weigh myself every day each morning on a fancy electronic scale and invoke all the features (BMI, % muscle, %fat, %visceral fat, resting metabolism, calculated equivalent age) once a week on a weekend morning.

From Sept 2009 to Sept 2010 I droped from about 253 to 213 or about 40 pounds. Since then I have had a hard time loosing weight and have bounced around from 207 to 219 pounds.

I have finally started to drop weight again and am down to under 210 and want to loose another 20 to 30 pounds to get to a "normal" ideal weight.

It really seems to take concentration on what I eat to loose weight. That and exercising excessively.

>43 years of marriage--My wife and I are now closer than we have been in decades. I believe that my SSM is over.
S
S
Yeah, the closer you get to your goal, the harder it will be to make progress. I'm still at a stage where it's easy to take large amounts off in a short time, but that's because, frankly, I have a long way to go yet. But that's a good problem to have; you wouldn't have it if you weren't so close. At your level you're going to have to let go of BMI-based ideas of healthy weight and start basing things on your view in the mirror and your athletic goals; I'm not there yet.

On Thursday I walked into a store with a pair of denim shorts from last summer cinched tight around my waist with my belt and walked out with new shorts with waists 6 inches shorter. That was great, and it's easy to forget if you're wearing the old, baggy clothes how saggy and overweight those clothes make you look. I'm much happier with how I look in the new shorts. I'm waiting for fall to buy anything else; I'm a school teacher, and I figure I'll go on a small shopping spree for professional clothes when school starts again.

Do you two remember DanceQueen and Bagheera? I've kept in touch with them at www.slj.proboards.com for awhile now. DQ is crazy as ever and still trying to get me to read Mars and Venus, but she's got her marriage doped out pretty well.

R
OP Offline
R
Worked hard on the treadmill yesterday, more than I've done in a long time. Took cherries to the movie to eat instead of popcorn. Down a lb or two smile

S
S
Great job!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard