Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2157761 06/01/11 01:49 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Looks like the other weight GAL is closed? Anyone here interested in starting a new active thread on this subject. I'd like to work on this with a group here.

me: 57
H: 54
M: 18 y
Affair over on Dday: 6/99
Never split-up but it was a hard road
D: 38 GD:18
I forget so I come back here I know these principles are the way to go which ever way it goes!
S
S
[center]

[img]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wKzGoWJ/s-weight.png[/img]

[/center]

I've been working on weight loss for awhile now. Right now I'm almost 50 pounds down from my heaviest weight . . . with a long way to go. I'm a big guy on a big frame and can be pretty lean from about 200-230 pounds, but being so big allows me to "carry it well" and that allows me to kid myself until my weight is way out of control. My big goal at this point is 275 by Christmas, when I will take my family on its first real vacation (Disneyworld in Florida.) Last time I was on a plane, it was miserable. This time I expect to be pretty comfortable. 275 is close to my football playing weight in high school; in college I came down to about 230 to be faster. My final goal is 200 even, but that will be very, very lean for me.

Timeline:
This month, I rode a 25-mile group bicycle ride. Right now I'm alternating 12-25-mile solo rides in the early mornings with light cardio at the gym, plus spending every lunch hour walking and eating no more than 2000 calories per day.

Next month, I have another 25-mile ride (the L.A.T.E. Ride in Chicago) and will continue training.

In September, I have a "Metric Century" ride scheduled locally--that's 100km/43 miles. To work up to that, I'm going to spend the summer working up to 3 rides per week, 15-28-44 miles. By September, the 43 should be a breeze. That's about 85-90 miles per week depending on small tweaks to the routes.

In December, we go to Disneyworld!

By the June after that, I want to be at or below 220 pounds. That's the cutoff at the skydiving school I've chosen; when I hit the weight, I'm going down there and make my first jump.

My wife jumped on board and lost a bunch of weight as part of a contest at her job. She's now wearing sizes she hasn't worn since before we were married, and she looks great! She's really going to look fantastic on the beach in Florida . . . but she says she won't jump with me. "Someone has to collect the life insurance and raise the kids." smile

Recovering Sex-Starved Husband.
S
S

Trying that again. . . there should be a ticker up there now.

R
OP Offline
R
Hmmmm your initials are not so good, so I'll call you Bear... Thanks for writing Bear!

I went to Optifast and went from 190 to 170 then gained 10 lbs back and now I'm between 175-7. I hated the groups because they were so boring! I started an art class and that help me to head back down. 140 would be a reasonable wt goal for me. Must do better about getting in exercise. I've been doing yard work so that gives me some exercise.

We are headed out for our grand daughter's graduation tomorrow so I'm buzzing around getting ready.

Do you have kids? Glad your going to Disney, it's wonderful with or without kids.

I have so many wonderful memories with my husband and when I'm in the right frame of mind, I see the tough times as either down right heroic or hysterically funny. I deeply believe that misunderstanding each other is the root of all our issues including the sexual ones.

I am very much a stress eater. It is very difficult for me to grapple with whatever is stressing me rather than going for the quick fix of comfort from food. There is a part of me that thinks it would be an absolute miracle for me to loose weight and stabilize it over time. I need to see that it's not only possible but see the path and get my feet on it.

I'll check out the TickerFactory.

Glad your here Bear! When I get a chance I'll read your story.

I forget so I come back here I know these principles are the way to go which ever way it goes!
S
S
We have 14-year-old twin boys (K14 and D14) and a 4-year-old son (S4.) The twins were adopted from a very bad background and, while we love them very much, they cause a huge amount of stress.

I know what you mean about stress eating. Just keep going and be as consistent as you can going forward. Fits and starts and great zeal make your life miserable, but consistency can accomplish almost anything. If you have a lousy day and gobble down some regrettable food, or if you're like me and stay up when you know you should be in bed recovering--and because you're up, you're snacking--just don't let that become an excuse to lose consistency. Go back to your plan and work it again the next day.

I don't know anything about Optifast. Is that some kind of meeting group, like Weight Watchers?

R
OP Offline
R
Optifast is a liquid diet. Mine was monitored by a physician and there were group meetings. It was very popular quite a few years ago and was the way Oprah lost all that weight.

Wonderful and tough day today. Wonderful and happy because my grand daughter's graduation party was today. So many very sweet folks came. She has a dad, a step dad who helped raise her most of her life and my daughter is engaged. All those families were there. I am glad to say that I get along with all of them. I know it was somewhat stressful for some of them but all were doing their best and behaving well. The tough part was that to my eye the person who was behaving least well was my husband. The crazy part is that I would be thinking even for a moment that he would be acting any differently than he did. He was sitting in the furthest corner and looking miserable. Earlier this weekend he secluded himself most of the time in the room we are using. He has been snapping at me a lot too.

So guess what I did. I ate too much.

R
OP Offline
R
I want to behave better. I want to be mature and kind and I want to take better care of my body. At this time, I'm not interested in sex at all. Our accommodations of the moment wouldn't allow it anyway.

There was also a moment this afternoon when I almost got on top of things then I realized that a part of me wanted to feel sorry for myself so I could eat that cake. I'd really like to do better than that.

S
S
You will. You'll also slip again. It doesn't really matter as long as you keep coming back to doing things the way you want them done. Over time, you'll become more consistent until it's just easier to stay with your better habits.

I weighed in at 52 pounds lost this morning.

R
OP Offline
R
Today's a new day. I'm going to try for baby steps in the right direction.

S
S
Today, I slipped a little. Last day in my classroom before summer break, no students, no boss, a completely casual day and I got a ton done, so I stopped at the local sub shop for lunch. This place is basically like Subway, but run by local hippies with the munchies. Imagine if Shaggy and Scooby Doo opened a sandwich shop. I usually steer clear of hippies, but these people make a sweet bread that's unreal. They just added barbecue chicken to the menu, and I almost ordered a half sub (about 5-6") but decided to get a whole one. First mistake.

I got the barbecue chicken with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, banana peppers . . . I've learned to load sandwiches, omelettes and anything else I can with vegetables. Then the thing comes out, I unwrap it, and it's HUGE. It's HUGE and they've covered it in MOZZARELLA.

At this point, I still have options . . . I decide I'll just eat half of it and then wrap up the rest. I'll save it for tonight's meeting . . . it's a great idea! I've saved the day! This is going to be no--wait, where'd the rest of the sandwich go?

I've been eating "normal" servings for so long now that I felt bloated and uncomfortable for at least half an hour afterward . . . but damn, was that good. Those filthy hippies have sandwiches completely figured out.

In truth, even that isn't the end of the world. I try to eat about 2000 calories per day, and I figure that was about 800-1000. I'd had 560 . . . . so I'd like to keep it under 400 or so for the rest of the day. I can do that. I may have cravings soon, but I'm not genuinely hungry, that's for sure.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard