Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
L
OP Offline
L
Thank u SA. U r right. How much further away can he get. As in C/S you mean custody and support correct? This would be great cause I don't have the money to file right now.
Does he not think it will catch up with him??

S
S
C/S = Child Support.

Since your H walked and left the kids with you, getting legal custody of the children should not be an issue for you.

He's not thinking right now, that's the problem. He's running on pure emotion.

L
OP Offline
L
Okay. Thanks. I know H will see this as pure revenge and be Very angry. Oh well.
I'm afraid its going to get very ugly. Just what I didn't want.
What emotion is he running on?

S
S
He's not thinking rationally. His feelings are his fuel. He's running from his responsibilities. He's trying to outrun his unhappiness and pain. He does not realize that he must look within. He won't until he strong enough to face himself.

L
OP Offline
L
Wow. Glad I'm not him.

Just thought about health insurance for me and kids!?
Wonder how that's handled?

S
S
As long as you're still legally married you and the children should be covered in the same way you were before he left.

In my state, as soon as we're D'd, I have to get my own health insurance. H's insurance will still cover the kids.

Life, you would be very wise to consult with an atty. Just go and find out your rights. It will take a lot of the fear away because you will know what to expect if either you or your H should decide to file for D.

Does your new job come with benefits?

L
OP Offline
L
No it does not. I can't imagine how much that will cost. Creep

T
T
Do you know if your state provides for insurance coverage as part of maintenance? That would be a good question for your lawyer if it comes to that.

M 39
W 41
Married 18 years
Together 21
D18 D10
S6
D filed May 16, 2011
Bomb Dropped May 18, 2011
D in process
L
OP Offline
L
I plan to see an attorney Monday. Really didn't want it to come to this of course but he has forced me to move on this now. I told him b4 he would have to be the one to file. So I plan to find out what I can about petitioning custody. I have no idea what I'm talking about just what I've learned here as far as that goes. But I believe a consult is necesssary too with an attorney.

S
S
Life,

Your consult is just for you. No one else has to know. Write down any questions you have before you go.

I know I felt a lot better after talking to my atty.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard