Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
N
N
Sorry to hear you are hurting so bad lc4. Hang in there and don't make any rash decisions. Focus on thinking what YOU need and what will make you feel better.

It sounds like you are starting to detach which should help you continue to gain more perspective. Getting a separate hotel room for the soccer tournament sounds like a good idea at this point as well.

((( )))

Me: 43
W: 37
Together: 18
M: 15
D: 8 yrs old
ILYBNILWY: March 2011
She Filed for D: August 2011
She moved out: Sept 1, 2011
Reconciled: May 2012
Divorce Case dropped: July 2012
N
ncl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks to all of you for your insight and words of wisdom.

I think I'm going to step away from the boards for a little while...focus on getting the kids back into the swing of the school year and all of their activities; look for a part-time job (for the first time in well over a decade, I won't have a child at home to care for during the day); spend some time and energy and thought on anything and everything in my life but my relationship with my husband. It's obvious nothing is going to happen with the divorce that's on file for the time being; it's been sitting for almost 4 months, and I imagine it will continue to sit for as long as I want.

My life is totally consumed by thoughts of my husband, our relationship, our marriage, our separation, our potential divorce...it's what I think about and read about and write about and talk about most of my days and then either dream about or lie awake obsessing about most of my nights. The 2 weeks after he dropped the bomb on the kids and I stepped away (from him, from the boards, from even the thought of possibly reconciling), I was really able to clear my mind and work on me. But since he has come back wanting to reconcile, I've gone back to that spineless girl who is waiting and watching for his next move. I don't like being that girl. She's not near as cute as the real me, on the inside or out.

I wish all of you the best in your situations while I check out for awhile. There are some mighty good DB'ers who have been commenting on my thread and helping me through this, and I know that good things are in store for each of you, with or without your spouses. I also have no doubt that in each case if the marriage doesn't survive, your spouses will one day regret their decision to give up so easily.

Take care, and keep on keeping on! xo, lc4

aka lc4 : )
J
J
Good for you for changing the dynamic!

Please check in every once in awhile.

You've certainly been a lifeline for me over these last couple of weeks.

Know that you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care and God bless,
jb

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
M
M
Telemark: Noticed you just separated last week. I'm in same sitch. Sorry. Will probably happen in a few days. Same # of M, same time in this one. Every day I get more and more detached. It's hard, starting over at this age is hard.

M-53
W-38
SD-13
S-9
D-7
M-10
Dbomb-3/10
A-7/10
Filed-5/11
T
T
lc4, you know I wish only good things for you. I will miss our conversations, but I understand your need to step away from it all for a while. You have so much to give and offer; your kids are lucky to have you watching over them.

Your H is a fool.

Don't stay away too long.

Big Yankee hug...

H 56
W 48
D27,S21
SS25
SS22 Severely autistic
M(#2 for both) 9 1/2 yrs.
"I've never loved you" 3/7/2011
Separated 8/7/2011
BITS
T
T
Michael1, sorry to see you are about to embark on the single living journey. However, almost 2 weeks in, and I'm feeling better than I thought I would.

I'll visit your thread and post a thought or two.

H 56
W 48
D27,S21
SS25
SS22 Severely autistic
M(#2 for both) 9 1/2 yrs.
"I've never loved you" 3/7/2011
Separated 8/7/2011
BITS
M
M
I think I will feel better, she will feel better, but the kids are a whole other dynamic.

M-53
W-38
SD-13
S-9
D-7
M-10
Dbomb-3/10
A-7/10
Filed-5/11
E
E
lc4, I'm going to miss you too. Reading about your sitch made me feel not so alone in mine. It has also helped me realize that I have allowed myself to feel unworthy and maybe even a little afraid of commitment (it's amazing how it's easier to see the answers in others sitches but not in our own.)

That said, you have to do what's best for YOU! And I completely understand your need to step off the crazy train. sick crazy .

I hope the time away give you a new perspective and a renewed strength. We're all pulling for you and your kiddies.

Big Hugs.

M
M
Ic4. Good luck to you. Really. Thanks for your input to my sitch.

M-53
W-38
SD-13
S-9
D-7
M-10
Dbomb-3/10
A-7/10
Filed-5/11
Q
Q
Quote:
I am wondering if he doesn't really want me, but wants to make sure no one else gets me either.

I'd say that's an accurate assessment.

25yearsMLC made this observation, that spouses are like a monkey swinging from the vine, they don't let go of one until they have another one in hand.

I empathize with your exhaustion and frustration.

Wishing you strength and stamina during this difficult time.

BITS
Me-51, WAS-52
Kids 2
M-26yrs, H.left 2009, 2 more Bomb drops, Reconnection spring 2013
Change is inevitable, personal growth is a choice.
Love is a action and choice you make, every day.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard