M
M
<<<Happy Thanksgiving lc4!>>>

M 55 H 58 M 24 T 29
S 22,21, 19
Bomb 4/10
It (A) really isn't about you 11/2013
We all have work to do

The truth will set you free, but it will almost kill you first.
N
ncl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks for the support from all my DB friends!

Gunny, I appreciate you dropping by my thread. I, too, realized that the best way to approach my family about my reconciling is to use the words I wrote to JB. They were from my heart. All of my family responded in a very positive, supportive way with the exception of my Mother, who didn't respond to it at all. We've talked many times since then (but never about my sitch), and she knows that my husband will be attending Thanksgiving dinner (she is hosting) tomorrow, so please pray that all goes well.

My kids went to spend a couple of nights with my parents yesterday, so my husband and I had a wonderful night going out to dinner and watching tv afterwards at home. We will spend today together as well (he's sleeping in; how I wish I could!) and go out again tonight. Tomorrow morning we will be heading to my parents', so again...please send up prayers that all goes well. I know my husband has to be extremely nervous about the encounter.

aka lc4 : )
G
G
IC4
I will be praying away, good luck!!

m 54
XW 48
m 12
t 14
bomb 6-11
s 10-11
wife moved to other state 10-21-11
d 9-12

O GOD THY SEA IS SO GREAT AND MY BOAT IS SO SMALL!
N
ncl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Many thanks for the prayers! I hope all of my DB friends had a blessed Thanksgiving.

Things went very well this past week for me! While the kids were out of town at my parents, my husband and I had a wonderful time eating out, watching movies, shopping and just hanging out. Prayers were certainly felt as we traveled to my parents' home on Thursday. Everyone treated my husband with kindness and respect (including my Mother), and he seemed at ease. We came back home with the kids that evening and spent a couple of days just enjoying family and friend time and watching lots of football. It was one of our kiddos' birthday parties yesterday afternoon, so my family came in for that, and all was well (or even better!) then.

I am being very careful to continue DB'ing as things continue. Unlike times before, I am sticking with my changes. Yes, at times it's a challenge for me, but hey...this is about doing what WORKS! The longer I see it working for me and for us, the easier it becomes for me.

My husband continues to show more love and compassion toward me. He is back to being the man I married, doing nice things for me and, as he used to say, "putting me on a pedestal." Is that what I need in order to feel "loved"? No, but it's what he enjoys doing for me, so I have learned to show great appreciation for all of his acts of service and genuine thoughtfulness. In return, I am doing for him, and enjoying every moment of it. It feels good to be appreciated again.

I'm going to take some time away from the boards, but I want all my DB friends to know that I am praying for each of you and hoping for good things to happen in your personal lives, family lives and marriages. I am forever grateful for the guidance, advice and friendship I received here.

love, prayers and hugs, lc4

J
J
lc4, I am so happy for you. I will continue to keep you in my prayers! Keep up the good work!!

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
N
NLW Offline
N
Thanks lc4.
I'm SO happy for you and your family. You continue to inspire me.
Best,
NLW

M
M
Godspeed!

M 55 H 58 M 24 T 29
S 22,21, 19
Bomb 4/10
We all have work to do

M
M
Lc4...?

M 55 H 58 M 24 T 29
S 22,21, 19
Bomb 4/10
We all have work to do

M
M
Maybe when people "disappear" from a section on the boards it's a good sign, but I'd like to know what happens to people. Hope you are OK sweetie.

M 55 H 58 M 24 T 29
S 22,21, 19
Bomb 4/10
We all have work to do

N
ncl Offline OP
OP Offline
N
MZ,

You are very kind to check on me; I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness! I have been taking a break from the boards, but all has been going very well and continues to get better everyday! I'm going to try to check in on some of my DB friends' threads (including yours). Thanks again for checking on me!

love and hugs, lc4

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard