Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Quote:
Not sure I can ever do this again.

"This?" What was "this"? He had all the freedom and space any H could ever wish to have. I didn't even complain when I had cancer and he ramped up the traveling. I just want my divorce, and get on with my life. He is no longer part of it in any serious way, except financially, which I have earned keeping the home fires burning. I don't have enough insulting words to call him.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
E
E
Is he cake eating? Controlling me? Manipulating?

It sounds like it's all of the above. These guys are nuts. He sounds so much like my H. If I were to respond I would make it laconic: e.g. "I'm sorry you feel that way" and state my boundaries regarding the friendship thing. Keep your cool B.M. You are an amazing lady. You deserve so much better.

elfie #2330949 03/19/13 05:31 AM
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Elfie. I don't intend to respond.

H texted me and tried to call on my cell ... guess what, it was switched off. Not on purpose. He wanted to know if he should call me tonight? Don't care. I'm still irritated at his childishness, though. If he wants to contact me he could've called the house or emailed me. I'm not playing any more games. I seriously want that divorce.

His text says he's over "non productive feelings." What's that? Sounds like he's speaking to a client or something.

If he can't figure out why I don't want to be friends, then I have nothing more to say to him, other than "give me what's owed to me, and ciao baby, you're losing the best thing in your life."

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
E
E
The childishness drives me crazy too. These men are not capable of having an equal relationship with any woman. Your H doesn't want to leave the playground yet B.M. You have given him more chances than most of us LBS have given our WAS. Your responsibility is towards your own life now. You have to claim a life for you. As for him, he will have all the time to regret what he lost afterwards. And he will, I am sure. So let him have a taste of that loss. There are not many women like B.M. out there. Take care of yourself.

Bomb: 4/2009
M28 T32 Sep8
Me: 53, H:57
S20,D17
D papers filed by H: 2013
H didn't follow up with divorce
I completely let go ever since
elfie #2331224 03/20/13 12:01 AM
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It has taken a long time for me to get to this point. I have not responded to his last text yet, and I'm thinking I won't. We'll see what happens on the weekend.

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I intend seeing an IC tomorrow. I hope it helps. I can't go on like this anymore.

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
E
E
Do whatever helps you preserve your sanity. An IC is a good idea. I am in the same boat as you. I am sure we will be ok in the end though smile
Have a nice day (( ))

Bomb: 4/2009
M28 T32 Sep8
Me: 53, H:57
S20,D17
D papers filed by H: 2013
H didn't follow up with divorce
I completely let go ever since
elfie #2335671 04/04/13 01:00 AM
B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
For some reason, H has been really nice to me. Invited me for a bike ride on Saturday. I went ... it's been a long time since I rode on a bike with him. It was nice. I don't know what he's up to.

Got through the Astronomy presentation ... painted a picture of giant red star, Betelgeuse, in the process of exploding with planet earth safely out of the way of the gamma rays. S*cking up? You betcha! I'm not good at vocal speech, but I can paint a picture. Haha!

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
B
B
BeingMe, its very obvious what he's up to. He knows you are serious this time and he's trying to suck you back into the drama.

B
BeingMe Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I agree BH. I have no intention of going back to all that craziness. I'm just playing it cool. We can't sell the house yet, so we're going to have to live under the same roof for a year, at least (he's in the basement). Then I graduate, and if we still can't get anything for the house, we'll rent out the top part, and I'll continue with my plans to move to the city where my daughter and grandchildren reside. Yay!

D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard