Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
S
S
Originally Posted By: StubbornDyke
Good to see you back here, Luke.

How about if W wants to keep the cat in at night, then it can stay in the room she's in and she can be in charge of managing her "system".

Or, if the cat is meowing to go out, you take it up and put it in the room where W is sleeping?

If W asks, you say the cat was crying for its mother. smile

Awesome idea, let her deal with her decisions and you get to be at peace, without a cat bothering you. Do this without the sarcasm or snotty attitude lol cause I'd sure want to do just that after her response.

You can not change your past, but you can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future.
L
OP Offline
L
Hola mes amis,

Thanks, that is a good cat idea, SD - I can exclude the cat(s) from the downstairs, but still give them access to their litterboxes, and enjoy hours of restful slumber, and W will get to deal with it.

Cat 1 is currently put outside, into the rain (there is shelter available), as he probably won't catch anything and has been marking again (in spite of being castrated).

The kids are down in southern Sweden, at a nature group meeting, so W and I are alone for the next few days. I made dinner, pretty good zucchini fritters, and will propose that we go to a movie and a restaurant tomorrow. W is still occasionally critical, but I've let it wash off and either don't reply, or say that (e.g.) having taken a plate from downstairs is not a problem and that I'll just put it back.

Must put up the graphics W gave me - they are nice as is, but would be nicer on the wall, and validate her gift!

From a rainy Thursday night, with the street lamps now on (Sweden doesn't use them much in June and July) -

Luke

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
L
OP Offline
L
W has declined movie invitation for tonight, saying it was a downer, apocalyptic movie ("Elysium"), but actually seemed to consider it. I may be going down to get the kids anyway - their how to scythe a meadow course is apparently not very good.

Making a salad for lunch.

Luke

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
L
OP Offline
L
Picked up kids today, from their scything course down south, 10 hours of driving. Wife worked all day, in lousy mood, and did not have dinner with us, choosing to have a toast alone instead.

I think she starts work again on Monday (she teaches).

Luke

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
M
M
"W has declined movie invitation for tonight, saying it was a downer, apocalyptic movie ("Elysium"), but actually seemed to consider it."

I agree with her. Next time you recommend a movie, find a comedy. Something that you can both laugh at. It'll ease some of the tension. Besides a movie, is there anything else you can think of taking her to? Remember...someplace different.

"I may be going down to get the kids anyway - their how to scythe a meadow course is apparently not very good."

Is that a real course? I have to say that the subject sounds incredibly boring. Are they planning to be farmers when they grow up?

"I think she starts work again on Monday (she teaches). "

You don't know? How has your regular communication been with her?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
OP Offline
L
Hi Mr. Bond,

Yes, thanks, a comedy is better... I have a restaurant we have never been to in mind.

Tomorrow she starts work - just asked her - she had not told me before -

Had her flamenco dance women friends here (their usual practice spot was not available), unexpectedly, and made gooseberry cobbler and tea for them. Went over well.

The kids got signed up by W for the scything and meadow class - S 19 had expected it to be horrible, but found it not bad, and was apparently a natural at scything; D 15 found it okay, but was glad to leave early. No, no farmer ambitions here.

We don't communicate much on important things, so I don't know much. I try to ask how things were or how she is sometimes, though, but don't get long answers...

She spent yesterday (when I was getting kids) cleaning up, including sorting our extra (party) silverware, and tying the forks, knives and spoons into separate bundles. Not sure why.

She seems amenable to me buying her a new phone, as her old one is lousy.

Daughter's school starts in a week and a half; son goes to Germany this coming weekend, for a week. I'll take the kids on a rail bike day trip sometime this week.

Luke

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
M
M
Besides just dinner is there something different and fun you could do together? Maybe going to an amusement park or a comedy club? Just something totally that she wouldn't expect.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
OP Offline
L
Hmm... perhaps live music - there are some clubs near here that we have never been to, plus it is near restaurants and a movie theater.

W, if I just overheard correctly, told D that she asked the tugboat captain boyfriend of one of her colleagues to look for a boat she could live on. Ah, the ups and downs...

Luke

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
M
M
What things have you been doing differently? Right now you sound more like her butler than her H. I mean you make desserts for her and her group which she doesn't appreciate. What other "good" things has she done for you?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
OP Offline
L
Good things she has done recently: