Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
P
P
Originally Posted By: LuckyLuke
PM - I had been thinking earlier today of asking exactly such questions, but did not want to burden the folks here on the board, so thank you for asking (smiley face here).

The goals could include:

o daring to be honest, with authentic, caring communication with my W and kids, just like I had with my dad about his incontinence
o positive (the glass is half full, folks)
o capable of the 9 miles on weekends (and I really should stretch and weightlift too)
o meditate in the mornings, to quiet my mind
o being more socially at ease, like my French guy friend
o creating my life actively, like the men's lunch club thing
o better in touch with my real self - so less mind and thought

I think that these would be viewed positively.

Luke

Great list! smile

How would this version of you handle conflict?
What personal convictions would this version of you have?

-PM

M:12y - BD:12/11 - D:6/13 - 4Ds

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK Jr.
W
W
Luke,

I've been keeping up with your sitch. For me, it is painful to read your reactions and interactions because they seem to come across as weak and wanting to please people. At what price, Luke? You loose yourself and I am not sure who you really are within the family and the M.

I have a challenge for you and I'm throwing down the gauntlet for you.

I'd really like for you to make a decision or take some type of action on your own in regard to the W or the family without consulting with us or asking for a "vote" here in the forum. Just do it and then report back to us.

Can you do this, Luke?

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard