Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
P
P
So I was taught two valuable things while on my boatride.

1. I must now refer to my W as my "X"
2. Whenever sharing any past experiences that I may have enjoyed with my wife I need to say "I" not "WE"

My X never took my last name- Foreshadowing perhaps????

Furthermore- Your age and no kids......someone awesome is going to gobble you up. My not willing to accept a blended family (D3.90 MUST be my #1 priority)is going to make it alot more challenging (unless they are from a foreign country) VERY few women who dont already have kids want to be a stepmom.

and Lefty, start some new traditions smile

ME 38 W 37
T18 M5
D3
BD 1/7/13
PA Conf 2/11/13- Ongoing
2nd simultaneous affair Confirmed 4/19/13
W gets APT and begins transition out 5/29/13
First mediation appt 12/19/13

L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: Positivespin
So I was taught two valuable things while on my boatride.

1. I must now refer to my W as my "X"
2. Whenever sharing any past experiences that I may have enjoyed with my wife I need to say "I" not "WE"

1. I can't do that until it's final. I did stop calling her my W (outside of here) a long time ago, though. It's usually her given name or "STBX."
2. That's going to take some work.

Quote:

My X never took my last name- Foreshadowing perhaps????

My STBX sprung it on me last minute that she wanted to hyphenate her name. I guess I should have known then. I have friends where both the groom and bridge hyphenated their names, it's becoming more popular. I was like, what's going to happen when their kids get married? Mr & Mrs Lastname1-Lastname2-Lastname3-Lastname4?

Quote:
Furthermore- Your age and no kids......someone awesome is going to gobble you up. My not willing to accept a blended family (D3.90 MUST be my #1 priority)is going to make it alot more challenging (unless they are from a foreign country) VERY few women who dont already have kids want to be a stepmom.

Eh, I hope so. I figure all the awesome ones are already taken.

Quote:
and Lefty, start some new traditions smile

Any suggestions?

P
P
What are you doing for Christmas? Before I knew I would have D3.90 I was planning Cancun or the dominican.....VERY inexpensive these days. Any free holiday dinners in the area need volunteers? That was my plan for Thanksgiving (before my mother guilt tripped my sisters to come up).

I told my X that my dream was to spend Christmas in a place where they put christmas lights in palm trees. Havent done that yet (but then again, that might be your neighborhood).

Survive this year and plan for next:)

All the awesome ones have not been taken. I proved that myself 2 weeks ago. We just need to keep trying new things, new experiences that put us in new places. When we dont look we find.

And you my friend, will have the world in your hands if the paperwork gets finalized.....open your job search wider and change your scenery.

Im jealous of you

ME 38 W 37
T18 M5
D3
BD 1/7/13
PA Conf 2/11/13- Ongoing

P
P
When we dont hear from you for a few days something is usually brewing..........

Hope its good smile

ME 38 W 37
T18 M5
D3
BD 1/7/13
PA Conf 2/11/13- Ongoing

L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey PS, just going down to my sister's with my Mom for Christmas, other than that, nothing going on. Trying not to let the season get me down. I've been pretty busy with stuff this week.. I went to lodge for the first time in 4.5 years, had a non-profit meeting last night, therapy tonight, more work for the lodge tomorrow and Saturday... Final settlement conference next week. If STBX holds true to form, I will hear from her sometime this weekend. Been following your thread, of course. Hang in there, buddy!

P
P
Im actually LOVING life right now- suddenly the clouds parted and a large ray of sunshine is beaming on me.

May it last forever!

You mentally prepared to go into final conference? I have a GREAT suggestion for you (although you may be so past it)

The 30 day 100 push up a day challenge........

Take a pic of yourself day 1 and then get 100 pushups done every day for 30 days

(im doing 150) - This is working out REAL well, clears the head and 3 weeks in some noticeable results (after all I was pursued and used as arm candy on the boat )- sorry, i just LOVE saying that.

Try it out - its free, and convenient, and for me - very therapeutic-

AND START A JOURNAL smile

ME 38 W 37
T18 M5
D3
BD 1/7/13
PA Conf 2/11/13- Ongoing

L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: Positivespin
Im actually LOVING life right now- suddenly the clouds parted and a large ray of sunshine is beaming on me.

May it last forever!

You mentally prepared to go into final conference? I have a GREAT suggestion for you (although you may be so past it)

As prepared as I'll ever be. I waver between emotions. Some days the pain is still so fresh and raw and other days it's like we were never even married. I'm ready for this separation to be over, one way or the other. It's keeping me from progressing in certain areas that I would like to be progressing in.

Quote:
The 30 day 100 push up a day challenge........

Take a pic of yourself day 1 and then get 100 pushups done every day for 30 days

(im doing 150) - This is working out REAL well, clears the head and 3 weeks in some noticeable results (after all I was pursued and used as arm candy on the boat )- sorry, i just LOVE saying that.

Try it out - its free, and convenient, and for me - very therapeutic-

I'm doing a plank challenge right now, but I'm always up for more. I need to take another look at my fitness goals and methods. I still have belly fat I want to lose, but I'm not sure how much of it is just loose skin. I need to start putting on muscle too, and you cannot simultaneously put on muscle and lose fat. I'll probably start a bulk cycle after my birthday for a bit and then start to cut again for summer.

Quote:
AND START A JOURNAL smile

I write down three gratitudes every day, but it is rare that I journal more. I need to start, but sometimes I am afraid of feeling the feelings.

Off to church!!

L
L
Hey lefty, I used to be afraid of journaling but it can be helpful. I also thought there was a wrong way to do it and a right way, that punctuation, grammar and sentence structure were important, there had to be a cohesive story line etc.

Just sit down and write whatever is in your mind even if it's "this makes me uncomfortable", you may be surprised where it takes you.

In any event, you sound good.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
P
P
GET UNCOMFORTABLE!!!

Im telling you Lefty, you want all this crap on paper so that you can look back and REALLY appreciate the struggle.

Just start with what you did today. Bonus points if you also write down why you made any decision you made today.

The nasty will come out later- TRUST ME smile

ME 38 W 37
T18 M5
D3
BD 1/7/13
PA Conf 2/11/13- Ongoing

L
LBH_LC Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I've never really enjoyed looking back on things I have written in the past, whether it's journal entries, blogs, reviews, you name it. I wonder what that says about me?

Still, I'll try this. It will probably do me good to get this out.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard