Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
S
S
Quote:
Are there any role model movies out there? My W once recommended James Dean ("do what he would do"), but the snippets I recall don't reach into being married.

Oh she likes the bad boy types!

I suggest Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind. You can by-pass the four hours, if you want, and forward to the last scene to catch his last words to Scarlett. That would be the advice for your present W. For any future R, I'd say to watch the entire four hours and study the character of Rhett Butler and how he dealt with Scarlett.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
L
OP Offline
L
Yes, she does, and the quarterback and the wrestling champion. Now she has a geek, oh no...

Action: identified a good town/city to move to, with a university there, near enough to d16's school, and lots of meetups.

Invited d16 and w to bike today, but no takers.

d16 said she and I should do something together next week - yay!

Carrying lots of water from the lake (good exercise) for the dry garden. Nothing like simple activities for a bit of peace of mind.

Luke

L
L
HI Luke

How goes the apartment search..
I have to say that knowing my WAS is far away is much more relaxing than having him close..
I don't know how you have managed it for all those years..
How was midsummer fest... DI you have flowers in your hair.. or is that just a girl thing??
I saw photos of my son's girlfrien there in Sweden

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
L
OP Offline
L
I think that Uppsala, a university town, with meetups, near the airport, and near enough to Stockholm for d16 to commute, would be a good place to live.

Yes, I have the same far away makes it easier experience - didn't hear a thing from W the whole month I was in the US. Manage it - I am (probably too) patient, forgiving, and don't establish boundaries. I was also quite amazed that I could net such a pretty, smart woman, who made such a nice household.

Midsummer - W and d16 stayed home to take care of a baby sparrow they found, so I went and slept over at a friend's house on a lake here, drinking wine until late, the women taking a sauna first, us guys later. We had guests over here the next day (W somewhat p--d off that I came home at noon, her problem for not telling me when they were coming), for a sort of second, low key, Midsummer.

My French friend's birthday was that day, so he had a ring of flowers in his hair, a 41 year old French army captain. So even guys can wear flowers on certain occasions - this is Sweden after all...

I am making boxes for our raised flowerbeds - great to work with wood in the sunshine - L

L
L
I know what you mean about the working.. makes things easier when you have soemthing practical to do..

A French captain with flowers.. interesting..
Tricky wiht the forginving isn't it.. seesm like the right thing to do, make life more pleasant but then one is not respected for it..
You should not have been amazed.. I think she sounds lucky to have found you.. sounds like with most other men she would have been alone for the last 8 years at least and sharing child custody.. so she got a pretty good deal..

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
L
OP Offline
L
Quick update:

W is gone over day at an art class, so d16 and I are at home, wonderful.

Mentioned going to Japan again to d16 - she would like to see Hitachi Seaside Park -

Luke

M58, xW54
S22, D18
M 1984, D 2016
Living a new life.
L
OP Offline
L
Feel like the luckiest man in the world - went for a 45 minute walk with d16 today, talking of this and that, watching birds.

M
M
That sounds good.

Now how have your interactions been with your W?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
OP Offline
L
Interactions with W have been a mix, of sour, surprisingly good, and avoidant silence.

D16 changed high schools, to an ib program, so she will now be 3 more years in school (and so not at college yet) - great news for her and us. I've been taking her to/from her summer job, a pleasant task. Kids are great and I am very thankful for them

Luke

M
M
"surprisingly good"

Can you elaborate?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.