Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
L
OP Offline
L
She volunteered unnecessary information, regarding how generous a painting class she is currently taking is. And her tone was civil. Both good things -

Luke

M
M
I think you're going to have to elaborate more next time when something good comes up. What's your plan in terms of your relationship with your W. You haven't moved at all in that respect.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
L
Hi Luke
sounds good.. the IB program is a top line qualification. ? Great choice I think..
kids are great.. my daughter is flying in via Ethiopia and Rome to help me pack..
walking and talking is also good.. guess your wife won't go...is easier to talk when you are out.. well for me it is..

glad you are enjoying those kids..

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
L
L
Hey Luke
how are you?
Are you getting the same summer as us?
It is fantastic.. I think..
but have to get up early to walk that dog while it is cool
the heat wipes him out..
Loua

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
L
OP Offline
L
Sorry for the silence.

I just heard from d16 that she and wonderful W have found a 1 room apartment in Stockholm and d16 will stay there during the week (it is closer to school). That leaves me alone in a big house with two cats.

Told d16 I want to see her too, but the house is ~1hr commute from school for her, each way.

What to do? She is one of the few reasons for any joy in my life, at least here in Sweden.

L

L
OP Offline
L
What do I say to d16 re this? How about to Wonder-W?

L

L
OP Offline
L
I don't want to dump my d16 and abandon her by moving to another country (an option I'd consider if she were not around). But there has to be enough of a reason to stay here.

I imagine if I found another woman, that might work. I certainly don't want to be alone in an empty house filled with memories where d16 and WW turn up occasionally. As far as I am concerned, I have been sc--d over enough by WW to say she has no convenience rights here anymore.

L

L
L
Hey Luke
that is so tough.. is now the time to get rid of the house and start somewhere else?.
.. is an apartment in Stockholm and option?

it really is painful not to be consulted.. and also that your D has to tell you..she must be feeling conflicted as well.. and that is tough at 16..

It sounds like one of those boundary situations. ? She does not get to come back at her convenience.. I would think.. I am sure there are wiser folk who can provide advice..
you were planning on an apartment.. sell the house and move on maybe..?
I can imagine life will be more pleasant without the stress..
but I think your instincts to make sure your daughter knows you love her and want to see her are right

good luck you have managed with this stress for a long time...maybe this is a positive thing though won't feel like it at the moment.. hang in there..

M 10 T 14

BD 10/13
I really don't get it..
M
M
I'm not exactly sure what you expected, but this is the reason why I said time and time again that you had to try and develop some kind of relationship/communication with your W.

Instead, you concentrated just on GAL and yourself. You didn't learn how to develop coping mechanisms to growth. I mean, after your W and daughter went on their trip without telling you, you said you were outraged and were going to talk to your W about it and telling her you need to communicate better with each other. I bet that didnt' happen.

You shouldn't be surprised at this.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
OP Offline
L
I am not surprised, just sad that d16 seems to have such an easy time with it. I work alone all day here; doing so for 5 days straight, while WW and d16 are in Stockholm, is not an attractive prospect. Not seeing your kid for 5 days? It is bad enough when she just disappears upstairs every evening to be with W while I am alone down here.

I emailed or texted my W about needing to communicate better, but didn't hear anything from her the whole month I was in the US.

I suppose the silver lining is I need to look for a new place, though this one is lovely. I wonder if it would make sense to rent it out - nice house on a lake - and have our rent covered that way. We would of course not have freed up capital, but maybe that is good.

I met a woman on a plane about a year ago, and we had an intense gazing into each other's eyes moment, after I finished describing EE to her, a sea of openness. She wrote a few months later saying that she had felt that openness also, and that "maybe our paths would cross again" - and though she is maybe 20 years younger than I am, maybe they should.

L

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard