Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
L
OP Offline
L
I mean, what is reasonable to expect from d16? What arrangements do people make? Yes, it is a significant commute to come here, compared with staying in Stockholm. If WW is not lying, d16 is free to choose where she wants to be. I am certainly not as charming as WW, but I am her dad.

On the other hand, maybe this is at least partly to help d16 with her commute. It is just a one bedroom apartment, fwiw.

I could live in the States instead, near where I work, but that is pretty definitive for ending any time together with d16. What do I have a right to expect? To demand, or ask for? Do I get her on the weekends? I'd take her to London, though she would rather stay at home.

We have two cats. Am I now their default caretaker? I do travel a lot. And the idea of WW just returning here, at her convenience, when she has basically dumped me, is not attractive. Watch out for the house and cats, honey, while I take our daughter for the next five days, there's a good hubby.

Not seeing or at least hearing from my d16 at least once a day is distressing. What do I live for? Do I just ignore her? If she hurts me so much also, dumps me too, why should I stick around? Sure, I will pay for her education, but the R would be just my obligation to her.

We've had just one day together this summer, she and I, going to see the HP show about 2 hours from here. Nothing beyond that. No movies or excursions or anything.

W and d16 are together every night, watching old Law and Order or The Office together, while I am stuck at my desk, or out for a walk, alone. Abandon your dad, kid, it's okay, he's a guy and doesn't need love and affection and closeness; look he works all the time, online, and can't relate to people anyway, guys don't have the emotional needs that women do, so don't spend time with him.

Bitter -

As one book says, reject the rejector, but what does that mean in this context?

L

L
OP Offline
L
Oh, bizzarely, W put up a construction for beans today (wooden poles lashed together, making a kind of teepee), and the garden is as gorgeous as it has ever been. It seems to imply a time scale.

Do I just D wife? It'd reduce the amount of social security she gets via me, and that seems appropriate given the sunshine of the last 10 years.

Maybe d16 thinks I am boring. Maybe I am an empty shell of a person, as my W says. Maybe I am not fun to be with.

The weeks long heat is breaking a bit, a lively breeze stirs the lake, and the seagulls repeat the A-F-G theme, night fall, though the long light of the northern summer still lingers.

What we do for love -

L

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard