Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Kat-

I love these sorts of Christmas stories... I *do* believe that a grateful heart brings more stuff to be grateful for. As long as you thank the powers that be for all the blessings, I believe they propagate. I'm so happy you had these experiences!

I had a miracle myself. I think I told you before my brother's funeral that his ex-wife and the rest of us were estranged (that was by design by my brother, to keep us from sharing his lies--the hallmark of a drug addict). Anyway, we mended fences after the funeral. She asked me point blank why I had been estranged from him over the past year. I told her that he borrowed money and another issue and just said, "Well, he's gone and there's nothing I can do about it but to move forward. I'll let this one go."

On Christmas Eve morning, I got a text that said to click the link so that $400 could be deposited into my account. I naturally thought it was a scam and just ignored it. About 10 minutes later, my X-SIL texted me with the following message: "Chris sent you a Christmas something. Do not be afraid of proceeding with any text you receive. Merry Christmas from heaven!!!" She later told me that he came to her in a dream the night before and asked her to do it for me. smile

We've been texting ever since. She told me that all she ever wanted was a family. I let her know that I lost a brother but gained a sister. We both cried a few over that. Too bad it took something like his death to make this happen.

Isn't that awesome?

Keep 'em coming. Let's be the ministers of good faith and acts of kindness.

Happy New Year!
Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
M
M
Bets that is so beautiful. What an amazing gift to have someone come back into your life. Nothing better.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
So glad to know that it does come around. Really,especially when you aren't looking for or expecting anything. Even though it is brown, ugly and cold outside, it still somehow has the spirit of Christmas.

I keep trying to figure out ways to get that feeling every year. Sometimes, it just doesn't happen. Sothis was special. I gave d16 a cat print scarf and hand warmer set. She seemed unimpressed but later that day, she came rushing out saying thank you. It is so cool. The one side of the handwarmers spell out meow and the other side has a cat and a heart. I get them eventually! smile

May the spirit still reside within you, not just now but throughout the year.
Love and blessings, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Another chance to do things better is upon us all. I am not making specific goals this year just to feel bad when I go astray in a few weeks time. Just that simple idea, to do things better and who couldn't use that?

I will get to be a Nana for the first time and still left wondering if it should be spelled Nanna. Everyday, I can be a little bit better to my family and friends. I can be kinder to everyone when things don't go just so because maybe that was how it was all supposed to work out to begin with. I can laugh a little more and heck even cry a bit more too. I don't have to be superwoman all the time, that's what the hook on the bathroom door is for...to hang up my cape. It is ok to take time to just be, to take it all in.

It is time to just be a bit better.
kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
Excellent goal!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

Kat,

I'm taking this approach as well. My commitment is to regularly exercise and make better food choices. I do need to lose some weight, but I don't want to create a "diet". My choice is to create a healthy lifestyle. So I'm right there with you!

This is the best part about turning 50... for some reason, it literally forces us to evaluate what is important.

Hugs and happy new year!
Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
Hi Kat,

I posted here 2 days ago but it has disappeared. Anyway...

I love the name NANA. We had not planned for our kids to call my Mom that but Ryan was the first grandchild & by age 2 - he called them Nana & Papa & their names stuck.

Everything happens for a reason. I'm proud of how well you are adjusting to the changes in your life. 2015 will be very special for you!

Barb

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
They have induced son"s GF, so I will be a Nana hopefully within the next several hours. Mixed emotions but mostly excited.
I was going to try and work now but S22 locked his room where my computer is. Great. Now I have to wait until he gets home from work, so I can work.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
Wet Offline
W
Prayers coming your way for the gf's healthy and safe childbirth.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Still waiting! Thanks, Tom.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard