Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
B
B
Wow Kat you do have a lot going on! When it rains it pours right! Deep breaths, one thing at a time and nothing is unmanageable. When things get really bad for me, I just keep reminding myself "that this too shall pass!"

Praying that calm and sanity return to your life soon!

BA

M
M
Wow Kat, that is some crazy stress. Deep breaths and try a little meditation (almost typed medication...of course, that could help too!)

HUGS!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Just spent most of the day at the hospital with D16. Got a call this morning from the school that she may have fractured her foot. Went to the er. Waited some and then waited some more. Turns out it is a severe sprain. She has a special shoe to wear and a note to let her use the elevator at school. Had to get meds and then ran to get d14. I am exhausted and nothing happened to me!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
Wet Offline
W
Kat, I'm sorry to hear about d16's sprained foot. It's good that it's not broken, right?

Do you mind sharing, how did she hurt it?

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Sure, she was so happy that an abstract drawing she did was selected as one of the best in her class. It was hanging in the art gallery. She saw a friend and wanted to show him the drawing, as she turned and asked him to hurry up,she heard a snap and she fell.

It is the fist time I have gone for an emergency for her. Even the boys never broke anything.

When I picked up her sister and got all of D16's books, d14 showed me a display for French week and there was the drawing D16 did this fall for a contest. I told her about it when I got home and she was so excited. My amazing artist, my girl who shows how much she loves me when she isn't feeling her best. Ok, I get a bit of close time.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
W
foot sprains can be a pain! Once you've sprained one it's easy to sprain it again. Hope she recovers well.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Me too wii, me too. Reminds me of how much I've done to myself. 50 and falling apart. Lol

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Kat,

Glad your D is young!!! I unknowingly broke my foot about 10 years ago, and didn't find out it actually broke until a few years ago. They thought it was a sprain. It hurt like hell, but appeared to heal pretty quickly.

Fast forward about 7 years. I had an x-ray taken which showed I clearly broke the top of my left foot. I've been having sporadic pain in that foot for the past few years. The kind of pain that comes and goes, and can get incredibly intense, no matter what shoes I wear. It gets in the way of my exercise - my choice is to walk, and I find it painful most of the time. It's why D18 and I go to the pool to do water aerobics. I love the resistance, and being barefoot helps so much. I've come to despise the fact that I didn't stick with some type of healing regimen (maybe surgery?) so I didn't wind up where I am now? I'm considering getting back with a podiatrist to explore options. Not that I have time to do much anything they would suggest...

Add me to the 50 and falling apart. Kinda. My arthritis is kind of bothering me lately, for what it's worth.

How's life being a granny? smile

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
That part is a joy. I won't say she doesnt cry when I hold her but I can usually calm her down. For my son is Mr Mom for the most part and is doing well. He is an awesome dad, very hands on. I won't quite say my worry wasn't for anything as I know money is still an issue for them, but so far, they are doing pretty well.

I have broken my foot and my little toe and ow, ow, ow. I have had tons of sprains but I get the arthritic reminders of days gone by, lest I forget .

Off to make dinner and work part 2. I'll check in later.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
B
B
Put me in the over 50 and needing repairs club as well! frown What is it about this decade that seems full of mishaps?? I've had three bouts of skin cancer; a long term sciatic nerve issue which has significantly curtailed my running and several other minor irritants going on. This body has to last me at least another 30 years so it needs to get it's act together!

BA

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard