Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
For quite a while, I have been feeling as if I was dying at my job. I am fed up with my boss which I think is par for the course working in a two person office. So I just decided to see if there was anything in forensics. My first inclination today was to look on the KBI site. There is an entry level position which crazy as it sounds actually pays $5.00 more per hour than I make now.

I am so excited about this idea. I watch real cream shows, forensic shows and my favorite books are mysteries. I know it isn't exciting all the time but the idea that I could help solve crimes, how cool is that? I am applying. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Sorry that should read "crime" shows.

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
W
Originally Posted By: kat727
Sorry that should read "crime" shows.

Oh what a crime, m'dear!

M
M
FUN! That sounds like quite an opportunity and a government job too! Great bennies! LOL

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
It is Kansas though and I tried my darnest to fire our dum@$$ governor. smile

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
LOL. Understood. Still......

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh, life just hands me more...I must be Wonderwoman but they keep giving me what ever makes me weak. I got the drain cleaned out that handles the sink and dishwasher and washing machine. Everytime we ran those the wager would just overflow and flood part of my basement.

I got that part handled but not all the extra water from the drain. So still a mess to conquer.
Then I was shocked, surprised when my d14 came out of the closet Friday night. This is the one with Aspergers. I am all for equality and have stood up for it. In fact I am still boycotting Chick-FIL-A. Just never imagined. I feel all out of whack somehow.

My aunt is gay but we didn't know until she was a senior in high school. I kept her secret for seven years. When my grandparents found out they disowned her, couldn't figure out what they did wrong. I am not like that but I almost can't help but wonder if it isn't something to be for her. I mean if she is, she is but so many girls freshman year seem to be declaring themselves as something different. One of d16's BFF is transfluid. That is hard for me to keep track of. She is feeling like a he and prefers to go by a male name yet still wears makeup.

I am so confused and my house is a mess oh and I am exhausted.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
J
J
Wow Kate..confused, mess and exhausted....sounds reasonable under the circumstances....if only you did have Wonderwoman's amazing brackets and crown then all this stuff would just bounce off....or maybe you need to try Superman styles with underwear on the outside and an awesome cape! Just a suggestion. Lol

Let you awesomeness prevail Ms Kat, I can see it from here!

Warm huuggggssss!!!!

Oh, Kat. I wish I were there and I'd hug you. We'd start with coffee or tea and then work up to the whiskey.

So. You're now the 1 in 10 family. I've got gay folks in my family as well and you know that personally, I have a large circle of gay close friends. That being said, I think that at this time, it's as hard on you as it is on her. I'm so happy for both of you that she knew she could trust you in order for her to live an authentic life. What a blessing. What a testimony to your mothering abilities and skills.

OK, sweet pea, it's time for you to march your ass over to PFLAG. And if you can ever make it out here for a visit, I would love to introduce you to Judy and Dennis Shepard. I've promised them dinner sometime this year, and I'd love to make that happen. I wear my Erase Hate bracelet pretty much every day. So let's get you some support and tools to help your D14 along on her own journey.

Love and hugs. BTW, I will be without D18 from Thursday to Sunday afternoon. Call or text if you need to talk.

Bets

p.s. I love Chick-Fil-A, but I understand. I just feel that the only way people change their minds is to watch others walk the talk. I'd prefer to combat hate with love. Just sayin'

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I may just take you up on that Bets. Remember I have S22 moving out next Tuesday. smile frown Confused there too!

Thanks goodness you started posting again when you did, you have been the spirit I needed (and need) in my life. Big hugs!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard