Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Dday, hope you're feeling better.

You're right. Although at this point in time, I can imagine myself deriving a perverse pleasure in shutting the door in the X's face when he wants to come back. But that's just the hurt and the anger talking. You'll have to ask me again another day.

I seriously can't imagine the X wanting to come back, so I really will have to get on with my life without him.

I keep trying to imagine that he's dead, and that I'm widowed instead of D'ed. But it's kinda of hard to do that when we have to communicate regularly for kid.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
New GAL Item (Just because I have to outdo tl2)

- volunteer for meals on wheels and take kid along

I was listening to One Directions' Perfect and I felt ridiculously happy.

I am starting to wonder if I am going into another phase of MLC. First, my taste in music. Second, I just feel this strange sense of restlessness and recklessness that I've felt before. This feeling of YOLO and that it's now or never.

Well, I suppose now that I am officially single and available, there's really nothing to stop myself from indulging in another round of MLC, is there?

So, the next time, guys, even much younger guys start checking me, I will smile back at them.

So, watch out world!

Last edited by Grlonfr; 12/11/15 04:41 AM.

T
tl2 Offline
T
Nice GAL. And since you communicate and will be seeing each other regularly for the kid, you have plenty of opportunity to show him that you've moved forward/moved on and maybe he will decide to follow someday.

I actually signed my D papers today. Kids are grown. W is coming with the movers tomorrow for the rest of her stuff. After that, don't know when I will see her again. I'm sure she won't be knocking on my door though!

I think I will have to escalate this GAL stuff...so I'm going to become an astronaut so I can take all of your meals on wheels recipients to the moon and back.

Just remember...it's true that YOLO...but you also have to live with every memory you create...and everyone walks around with a camera...and everything's online haha!

As you can probably tell...I'm not much fun at parties smile

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Sorry to hear about the signing of your papers. You're going to be on your trip with your family and friends soon?

I am not very good at the faking it till you feel it, especially when I know that he's probably meeting the OW almost every day now. There is a very good chance that he will decide to be with her.

Wow. Well if you ever become an astronaut, do bring back a souvenir from space!

Gotcha on the reminder that everything can be posted on youtube. I will make sure that I won't be caught doing anything I wouldn't want kid to see me do!

Btw, I didn't exactly hang from the chandeliers during my extremely brief partying days. smile

Last edited by Grlonfr; 12/11/15 01:00 PM.

D
D
Grl, live the life you want. Enjoy it and maybe along the way h will come back to you. And maybe you won't want him by then because you are with the quarterback of the rams or something. Anyway, have some fun and things will get better.

Good luck!

3 boys
Not my circus, not my monkeys anymore....
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks, dday!

The X told me that I will only be able to attract guys who are inferior and who will let me dominate them. Ouch!

D
D
That is cruel. Unless you are talking about 50 shades kinda stuff, lol. 0% of what they say. He is probably hurting and projecting his feelings onto you.

Good luck!

3 boys
J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I don't think he had in mind 50 shades of grey! :p

J
JksD Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ok, going to start my meals on wheels this coming week.

Next on my GAL list: decluttering my stuff in storage.

Kid is spending the weekends with me and my family. I have to keep telling myself not to think about how the X is going to spend the time with OW and her family. I just have to keep myself busy and keep using that big mental 'stop' sign.

Really have to because I unwittingly ran a red light while driving.

D
D
Good luck decluttering. Be careful, it may become a trip down memory lane. But, it may be cathartic too.

Good luck!

3 boys
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard