Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
S
S
Originally Posted by harvey
I am officially divorced.

I must continue GAL'ing as much as possible. I must make the 180s permanent. I must completely detach.

Regardless of your marital status, that last line is a great plan. GO DO IT

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
F
F
Just a piece of a paper dude. I know it doesn't help much right now. But that is all it is really.

I couldn't even find our marriage license until 12 months ago ... it was in a box in the bottom of a cupboard where it had been since the day we moved into this house.

Just pieces of paper .... we are the ones that give it meaning.

W40 (me), H40
M14, Together 16
D12, D9

BD Oct 17
Moved out Mar 18

N
N
There’s life beyond that Harvey. Life gets better in most of the cases. It’s just getting PMA. As FS says, it’s about what it means to us. Keep getting into amoafwl but for yourself, keep GAL.

Sending you a big hug

((H)))

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
D
D
So sorry Harvey. Hang in there. Give yourself some time. I like your ad btw. Post it when you are ready but not before. (((HUGS)))

E
E
Harvey.

Sorry to hear...I do love the squirrel quote. Reminds me of the movie Up.

Give yourself grace...as I do believe you will have a great chance at R...it will be you to make that decision.

Me - 38 W-37
S6
M 10 years T 13yrs
BD 3/18
W moves out 4/18
W files 7/18

Never waste a good crisis
O
O
I know some people have scolded me for working on my online dating profile, but I needed to do something to keep my mind off what is going on. Again, I will not make this public until next summer (as I don't even live in the city that I'll be settling in until then).

Is this version better?

Hello!

What a crazy journey life is. Cherish and appreciate every moment--the highs, the lows, and the mundane.

It's cliche to say I love to travel, but I do. My job allows me to indulge in my love for travel. Lying on a beach on the Carolina shore, going on a safari in Kenya, and hiking in Glacier National Park have been three of my favorites so far, but I have a lot more places to see.

I'm an outdoorsy type. Camping, hiking, fishing, hunting; it doesn't matter. Some of my favorite evenings have been spent sitting by the warmth of a campfire in the Badlands as the Northern Lights flicker in the distance.

I love hanging out with friends or a good concert, game, or play, but I equally love quiet nights at home. I don't need to be on the go all of the time.

My faith is very important to me. I am blessed to be a blessing to others.

I'm a single Dad who has joint custody of two wonderful daughters. My daughters are my world, but there is room in my world for a fun-loving, adventurous, faith-filled partner who finds beauty in the simple joy of casting a line, spending a weekend binge-watching a new series, hanging out with friends, or traveling to exotic places.

I have never online dated, and probably never will. My advice is to get the profile going now, where you live, even if you aren't going to stay there. You can work on your online dating skills and meet people and have fun in the meantime.

Sorry to hear about everything being finalized. You will get better if you decide to GAL and be the best you that you can be.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
W
W

Small world. Wisconsin?

Very small. SD.

M: 34 W:34
D:7 D:6 S:3

M: 9.5 years T: 12

OM found & BD (by me): 9/19/18
IHS begins
W informs me she's moving out: 11/28/18
W files: 12/21/18
D Final: 2/25/19
H
harvey Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Wanted1

Very small. SD.

I grew up to the north of you. Smaller world. smile

W
W

Very small. SD.

Indeed!

Sorry to hear everything was finalized today. Have a feeling I’ll be where you are in a few months. Was it as you expected for you emotionally? Better? Worse?

M: 34 W:34
D:7 D:6 S:3

M: 9.5 years T: 12

OM found & BD (by me): 9/19/18
IHS begins
W informs me she's moving out: 11/28/18
W files: 12/21/18
D Final: 2/25/19
H
harvey Offline OP
OP Offline
H

Very small. SD.

Indeed!

Sorry to hear everything was finalized today. Have a feeling I’ll be where you are in a few months. Was it as you expected for you emotionally? Better? Worse?

Tough at first. Better as the day went on. I kept myself busy. I've always been pretty comfortable in my own skin, and I don't know that there's much else I could have done. I think the hard part is that XW acts like it didn't affect her. I know it may be a facade, but it still hurts. She called me afterwards, and she just wanted to talk about dividing our finances.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard