Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
M
Great post MrP, I'm very happy for the outcomes you're experiencing and how you're handling things. I love the call to action at the end of your post - nothing in life or DB'ing is more important that taking action! And small steps beget larger ones. Keep it up, your patience and self awareness are great examples.

M
MrP Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Welcome back, M, and I'm so glad to read your update. Thanks for the kind words. Yes, you caught my "call to action" to try and help people jump-start their GAL work. It really is important for your personal growth, sanity, and even attractiveness (not to seem so desperately accessible and waiting for one's spouse to do anything).

M
MrP Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Good evening, all. I'm dropping in to share that progress continues to be positive. Today W got back her wedding rings after some re-sizing and cleaning. She's proudly wearing them again. I received some unexpected thank yous for taking care of several things around our home. Our D14 is thriving at school and sports. We had a family wedding (that I originally wasn't going to attend on W's side of the family) and D14 was quite happy to snap pics of her mom and dad, together on the dance floor. We've had some date nights that have been fun, and playful, and rebuild our sense of closeness. W suggested we may need to see our MC less which I'm reluctant to do so soon.

We still have to tackle some issues related to in-laws, budgeting, and chores. But, I feel more confident that I've got a true partner in solving things....together.

I'll admit that there have been a few things that have frustrated or angered me. I'm more inclined now to have the feelings and not let them drive my reactions and behavior. I take the time to choose my words carefully and re-frame things into requests for more information or careful expressions of my concerns, the impact, and my hopes for solutions going forward.

I hope to share more specific info in my next update but am a bit tired this evening from a busy day at work. Have a good night and please take good care of yourselves. This is hard work to do if we're not at our best.

2 members like this: Rockon, DnJ
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard