Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
G
grok Online OP
OP Online
G
snippets

D19, "Daddy, come home soon. I don't like being a pseudo-parent."

G, "I will be home early Friday afternoon. You are doing fine. Don't stress and don't take on too much for yourself. You aren't the parent. Just let me know."

S12 caused an uproar the other evening. As he is learning to used the stove and oven he sometimes make a mistake. Last evening D19 asked him to make her some turkey bacon strips. It is something he knows how to do. This time he left a plastic lid on the glass stovetop "burner" where it partly melted and burnt.

The fumes are of course acrid and this freaked out D17 who was over the top scared and angry for her Cockatiel, Green-Cheeked Conure, and 4 chicks (sensitive to fumes and smoke). I was on a video call with them at the time and remotely mediated / supervised recovery operations. Doors/windows were opened, fans were set up, D17 and I went on a video call walk so she could express her fears and anger without yelling at her siblings.

G, "Yes D17, IT IS scary thinking your birds could die. Yes, FEELING angry is normal. Let us work on what to DO about it."

Birds and their cages got moved into D19's car with running air conditioning. D17 sat with them. We agreed that an hour after the house seemed aired out would be OK to bring them back in and put them in a bathroom on the other side of the house with the door closed.

I had S12, with D19's assist, scrub the stovetop with a vinegar and baking soda paste. Several rounds later it appears to be cleaned.

None of them gave any indication throughout a couple hours, of wanting to call W over to help. Huh...I'm 750 miles away.

10p tonight, D17, "I'm having S12 do chores. Dishes piled up and I don't like it. D19 left medicine cups all over crusting up and she needs not to do that. She's not that sick. I think the dogs have been fed, but I'll check and make sure..."[I]

G, [I]"Don't stress over all the things. It is bed time. I'll help set everything back to right and routine tomorrow."

D17, in her I'm busy voice, "I know daddy. I'm not stressing. I just don't like it and need to get some things done first."

G, "OK D17, Thank You for helping and making sure things get done."

It's 11p. I have to get up at 4:30a to go to the airport. D19 is in bed, I just directed S12 on brushing his teeth ASAP and go to bed. D17 and W are emotionally arguing downstairs in the dark kitchen. W seems to be justifying her choices and actions as God's will, seen through signs shown to her, ... it is all necessary to prepare her for something in the future.
highs and lows
I have amazing kids. I have a good job. I have pretty cool and flexible workmates and associates. I have a home and car. I had delicious upscale tacos and craft beer with teammates while laughing about drinking games made up to go with tonights US presidential "debate." I speed walked 5.8 miles along the beach boardwalk today. It was a beautiful day. Listening to -

Life is Good by Courtnie Ramirez ft. Apollo LTD

Thought I lost my joy but then I found it
Now all I wanna do is talk about it (all I wanna do)
Even when the world has got me stressing
I'm just gonna lean into the blessing (blessing)
No more second guessing
Throw my hands up, see the blessing all around me
No I can't help myself, just wanna sing about it
What can I say?
It's a beautiful day, I'm feeling like I should
I'm giving a place for all the ways that life is oh, so good

(chorus)
Oh, gonna let myself go
I'm feeling the freedom rise up in my soul (it's so good)
Life is good, life is good, yeah, it's oh, so good
Oh, no holding me back
'Cause I'm holding on to this hope that I have
Life is good, life is good, yeah, it's oh, so good

g

H:54 W:50
D19, D17, S12
ILYBINILWY 3/23
DB1 4/23, rescinded 5/23
DB2 6/23 ("I can't do this, I Love HIM")
Legal Mediation 1-5 & W moves out 8/23 – 3/24
Settlement signed 5/24, Court date 9/11 <-
D
DnJ Online
D
Please start a new thread.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
G
grok Online OP
OP Online
G
Next thread here - Grief and Gratitude, Grok - Shifting

https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2950131

H:54 W:50
D19, D17, S12
ILYBINILWY 3/23
DB1 4/23, rescinded 5/23
DB2 6/23 ("I can't do this, I Love HIM")
Legal Mediation 1-5 & W moves out 8/23 – 3/24
Settlement signed 5/24, Court date 9/11 <-
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard