Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Ordinary yes but with one exception. They all smoked like chimneys in those days. I guess even that was the norm in the 70's.

I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
For the last year or so I have been "hinting" to xwife that my friend and I would be delighted to take "our" dog whenever she felt the dog was too much to keep.

During the last 18months, I've made sure to take the dog for daily walks, weather permitting. He's great to go jogging with.

There have been moments when xwife would get pissy and tell me she didn't need a dog walker. During those times I just listened and made sure to keep a cherishing mind.

Last month xwife made contact to ask if we would like to look after dog for an entire day and evening. She would leave the dog's food for us at her house when we picked him up. We'd have him from late afternoon until 10ish. It was great having dog around.

On Saturday xwife sent an email asking if we'd like to look after the dog for the month of May. Said she was having some trades people in to do renovations on her house. Xwife plans to move to the family cottage for the summer which is nearby. She's in the process of selling her house. We jumped at the chance to look after the dog.

I picked him up noon Saturday. X had clipped his toe nails and accidentally cut two of them too short... lots of blood. Took 2 days for one of his nails to heal. He'll live.

The dog is a mutt ! An adorable mutt ! He's part golden lab and who knows what else. He's well trained. My youngest boy got him as a puppy and did a super job of training him. He's now 7.

When my son moved out 3 years ago, during the separation, the dog stayed behind. He, and our other dog, a German sheppard, got shuffled back and forth between xwife and I... depending on where xwife happened to be living. You may remember we had to put the sheppard down last summer. His ashes are buried at the family cottage. This dog misses the shep a lot. When he's at xwife's house he ends up being alone all day, except when I show up at noon to take him for a run.

Now the dog has some company. My friend has a 17 yr old mutt who is still pretty active. Plus she has 2 cats. My dog is comfortable with cats.

It's nice to have this dog sleeping on the floor next to us.

It's nice to see that xwife may one day become a friend again. ....Soup

H
H
Soup - continued progress on the road you are on is good. Thanks for keeping us posted. It does me good to imagine that the bitter, angry woman who won't cut me a break may one day be a friend. Gaaak - I can't see it right now but who knows ... For the sake of the kids I would like that.

HC

S
S
Soup congrats on the easing of the custody issues LOL! We've got two dogs, three cats (and three teenagers) it's quite the zoo! C.

Every day above ground is a good one!
I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks HC.
It is getting to be a bit of a zoo the last couple of days.
I had forgotten that this dog follows me around constantly....even tries to get into the bathroom when I'm trying to have a shower. :-

I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
My Xwife and my current lady have finally met !

My 10 year old granddaughter (GD) spent this past weekend with her Nana (xwife). Over the course of the weekend I saw them both several times. It's a small community here. Xwife asked if GD could spend yesterday (Wednesday) with me since she had to work all day. I told her I'd be happy to do that. Offered to pick up GD but Xwife said she'd deliver her at 7:15 in the morning and pick her up again around 10:30pm.

She dropped off GD right on time. Didn't come in the house. Just dropped her off in the driveway.

GD and I had a ball yesterday. We went shopping. We went out for lunch with my current lady. My current lady never had children of her own but loves kids. She and GD get along really well. For supper we went to a neighbour's BBQ. We started to watch a Harry Potter video around 8:30.

Around 10pm my xwife arrived to pick up GD. I invited her in. Introduced her to my friend. They both chatted ...mostly about the day. Then she was gone. The whole thing felt a little awkward for all of us but we managed to get through it OK.

Afterwards, my friend commented "she seems nice". I agreed. Then I looked at her eyes and told her that she was pretty special... which she is. Went to bed about 20 minutes later. Life is good when you maintain a cherishing mind and let things develop naturally. ....Soup

P.S. Back in May Xwife asked if we'd look after our dog since she had to do some renovations to her house. It's for sale. Gladly took him since I'd asked her several times if she's let him come live with me. She made it clear that it was only for a month. He's still with us. I doubt if Xwife will ask to have him back.

M
M
Your patience never ceases to amaze me.

I wish I could do what you do......but right now I just can't.

I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Yes, it amazes me at times also. Especially last night.

How are you Mojo ? ....Soup

M
M
Your reply made me smile.

I'm ok. I'm tired of all of this.

I'm stuck in a situation of trying to negotiate with a liar. A liar who just thinks of himself.

Most of the time I'm ok about it....after all I've been married to the guy for 25 years so there's no surprises. But I really thought he was a better father than this. Shows what the rose tinted specs do.

I've had some good news recently though. I'm in the process of setting myself up in business. I was contacted by someone whom I have a huge amount of respect for and asked if I would be willing to form a partnership. This person has a proven track record in what I'm wanting to do but feels that she wants "company". Someone to bounce ideas off and offer support. I know others have asked her to be a partner and the offer's been declined. She thinks we'll make a perfect team. Quite honetly I was both shocked and honoured.

After the hassels of the past few months it's so nice to be able to introduce someone as my partner again.

Thank you for asking about me Soup.

I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks for sharing more about what's happening with you. Sounds positive.

Have you known your potential new business partner long?

Soup

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard