Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
#638629 02/19/06 03:01 AM
J
J
I have decided to retain the attorney I like. I think your need to be confortable with the attorney you select, just like you need to be comfortable with the counselor you select. I didn't sign on with the first attorney I met with b/c I didn't think that she was assertive enough.

Also been pegged for jury duty the following week. I was called for JD once and was picked for a trial, a medical malpractice suit. It just reenforced the stereotype of attornies. It will be interesting if you get picked for a case, to see how they "operate".

I never remember getting so many days off school when I was a kid. Now when I was a kid, we never had any days off and we had to walk up hill 5 miles to and from school and we had holes in the soles of our shoes and mom gave us a baked potato for lunch to keep us warm on the way to school and we used the skin to patch the hole in the sole of our shoe and . . . and . . . and this is about the point where DD's stop believing the story.

it's about zero degrees outside right now. It's about 18.5 degrees in the mid-atlantic region.

#638630 02/21/06 01:18 AM
B
B
Hey Beth, I know you are sleeping and serving on the jury and all, but we miss your nightly posts

Glad you found an attny you like. I am thankful in a way to not have had to get one. XW was in such a hurry to get out, she just gave me everything, LOL. Ok maybe it wasn't haste as much as remorse or something. Anyway, you need the protection, and I am glad you have it.

And I am here to tell you, it gets better, but you already knew that. Holler when you are in B town again. I'll be in Chi town in early June it looks like.

#638631 02/21/06 02:47 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Hi there!

I'm still here Al. Just nothing interesting to report on my end. A good weekend. My friends gave me a lovely bouquet of flowers and a nice card. They are so thoughtful. I let them all know about the divorce last weekend. Their support and friendship has been so wonderful. I am very lucky.

It was nice to get flowers since I got nothing else on Valentines day. It came and went. But that's okay. It never was an important day to me anyway. Good news is that spring break is only 1 month away! We are still going, even without H. I have travelled with the kids by myself before so that's not a problem for me. Just looking forward to sun and sand. And a lovely tropical drink. But, I'll have to pass on the cabana boys. Have to be mom this trip. That'll have to wait for Vegas I guess!

WCB

God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, To change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference. - Reinhold Niebuhr
#638632 02/21/06 03:47 AM
F
F
Hey there Beth,

That sounds like a great bunch of coworkers!

I'm glad you're going to continue with the Spring break trip tradition, making it your own rather than letting it die with the M. You and the kids will appreciate your doing so even more as each year goes by.

There's nothing wrong with working in a cabana boy or two despite being a good mom. Err, that didn't sound quite right, did it?! But you get what I mean.

Hey now, be sure to post when you do plan on Vegas. I know 3-4 great-looking male DBers just dying for a return trip!

Take care,

Gabriel

God heals the broken-hearted (Psalm 147:3)

Me: 44
W: 40
Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
#638633 02/21/06 03:53 AM
B
B
Hey Gabe. Vegas Memorial Day Weekend (right Lisa?). We need more and merrier. I was going to say you had to go Beth cause I think I may need a chaperone and then I realized how stupid that sounded Maybe you'll need one.

#638634 02/21/06 08:37 PM
K
K
Hey Beth

You are blessed with such lovely caring friends to make things a little easier. Hang in there. How many sleeps til you get to holiday in the sun?

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to!
#638635 02/21/06 08:49 PM
S
S

Hey now, be sure to post when you do plan on Vegas. I know 3-4 great-looking male DBers just dying for a return trip!

Gabe, it is the Memorial DB Weekend in Vegas that Beth was referring to...somewhere on this board I have a thread started. I'll see if I can find it and bump it up.

Okay, Al, maybe we need not only a buddy system but a chaperone system...so many F DBers to 1 male chaperone...oh wait that would be a DB Harem...never mind! This is Vegas we are talking about...what happens there stays there...and Gabe tell your M DBers that I've got 4 single GFs coming out from various parts of the country ranging from 35 to 51yrs old. So looking forward to seeing them, a couple of them I haven't seen in 15yrs! This is going to be so much fun!!

love, laughter and friendship, Lisa
#638636 02/21/06 09:02 PM
K
K
Okay, Al, maybe we need not only a buddy system but a chaperone system

Hey Sassy, I will kindly offer my services as chaperone, just hang a sign round my neck "do not give alcohol" and should be right . I am green with envy, you guys are going to have a blast. Promise to tell me some of the juicy details.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to!
#638637 02/21/06 09:38 PM
B
B
Ok, no way Kismet. If you show up, you are drinking. Personally, I am trying to figure out the flaw in the harem idea

#638638 02/23/06 04:40 AM
W
OP Offline
W
I'm always up for a trip to Vegas. The more the merrier. The great thing about Vegas is you can be a total idiot and no one notices because everyone is crazy out there. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Journaling. I am thinking about ways for me to start to overcome the anger and resentment I have at my STBXH. I'm thinking about writing some letters and addressing EVERYTHING I've always wanted to say to him but haven't. Then getting a nice bottle of bubbly and burning the letters in the fireplace while toasting to my new future. What have you all done to rid yourself of your resentment?

WCB

God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, To change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference. - Reinhold Niebuhr
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard