Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
OP Offline
E
Hi true. I made it through the weekend. I rang h on saturday and he was pleased to here from me as usual. Said it was just a very quick call to make sure he was ok. He said he was out and about with ow and her parents. Thought to myself you are going to be really wiped out you only got out of hospital yesterday. To my surprise I had a text sunday so I knew he was thinking of us. Then to my utter amazement he rang me yesterday morning. He said that he had overdone it saturday and felt awful sunday. I said I knew that but that he had to find that out for himself (180 for me not to say anthing :-) ). He told me that he was ill the night before and that it was a good job he was in a room on his own because he can't take himself off to sleep whenever he wants but he hates the single bed! He then told me that he missed me and the girls!!! what the ... I said yes we kinda missed him a bit too and he said I know life is bizarre isn't it! I am thinking of sending him a text telling him that I am thinking of him shortly I just want to keep this moment alive for as long as possible but ....

B
B
Maybe his surgery gave him a quick moment with the possibility of death and his life.

There are many complications from anesthesia, etc and it scares people.

Keep your expectations at zero but keep that door open for him.

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
E
OP Offline
E
thanks bnd. I sent him the text just to let him know I was thinking about him and hoped it wasn't too early. I received a text back about half an hour later saying likewise and that it was never 2 early 2 care. I don't know what is happening or if anything will change but it is such a break from all the harsh words that it feels good. I have decided to drop the draft divorce petition into the sols today. I have realised that I must do this as I promised I wouldn't stand in his way and that this is about him and not about me. He must be the one who decides if the divorce should stop. It is not what I want but it is what he wants and right now I need to do this for him.

B
B
Ellie
I remember the post your Husband left here on the BB.
Go and read my thread, it may give you a little clue as to what is going on in his head.
I am glad you sent the text.

I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
E
OP Offline
E
thanks for the support bnd. I can't believe your husband said/wrote all those things and now he is back that is so wonderful for you. I have heard so much that is similar. I miss him so much and it warms my heart just a bit that he is with her and her parents and yet still misses me. I don't care what it means I just accept it on the surface level that it is maybe meant. I am scared of this niceness stopping and scared of what it all means.

B
B
Ellie
Try to keep in mind that he will go back and forth, so enjoy the good stuff, and dwell on the nice times.

You will also see that the ugly phases get shorter and shorter.

Whatever he spews try not to believe it. There may be some truth to it but not much. It is usually a projection of how he is feeling about himself and has nothing to do with you.

MLC'ers do not mince words, they have no self control, they just vomit crap and you have to somehow learn to develop a thick skin and rise above the pain.

I am begining to see a wonderful version of my Beloved and it is so hard to believe this was the same man who wrote those emails.

E
OP Offline
E
Well I've just seen h who is supposed to be miles away in our local town with ow in the car beside him. I thought for one horrible moment he was coming home with her but he turned off and headed back to the cottage he is sharing with her and her parents. Ok so take deep breaths. Just because he is with her doesn't mean anything - they are after all very good friends who he "cares for deeply" on the other side he keeps going on about how he is in a room on his own and hates the single bed. Oh my - my head is spinning. He saw me and waved his hand out the car at us. I was with younger daughter. I miss my husband so much.

T
T
Hi Elliecat,
Quote:

He saw me and waved his hand out the car at us.

I think that was a good sign, or else he would have just driven by and not shown you that he saw you.

I am so sorry about your head spinning, I know how it feels. Hang in there. HUGS

Elliecat #823117 10/25/06 10:40 AM
E
OP Offline
E
I am still in shock from what has just happened. He popped home took me in his arms and told me that everything was going to be ok, different and better! Looks like the divorce is off - for now. He will still be in the cottage but we are going to be best friends and be a part of each others lives again. I'm so emotional I can't really put it into words. So we are not back together again but it's a huge step forward. I can live with being best friends. I sat on his knee and cuddled and hugged him loads. He kissed me not pationately but with love and affection. I have missed that so much. One thing I have to tell you all is that he said to me that throughout this he knows that I have acted with absolute dignity - so even if they don't seem to notice they do.

Elliecat #823118 10/25/06 11:56 AM
B
B
WooHoo!!!
I am so thrilled for you.
This is just the begining!!!!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard